February 23, 2015

Make it Work Monday #8

Today's Make it Work Monday look comes from one of my favorite style blogs (miss it so much--come back Ife!!!), The Fashionista Next Door.   Unintentionally, it also ends up being a head to toe Target ad--rookie and low cost of course.

This look called for some slight modifications simply because I didn't have some of the pieces that Ife does, but it came out pretty close and I got to add some pattern mixing so that was cool!  I got this leather sleeved jacket after I had already planned the look with my existing military jacket (#bloggerclosets) and I think it worked out very well.


Currently in my non-sartorial world?  First off, thanks for the well wishes on my brother.  He is now home from the hospital and recovering.  The details and aftermath of the accident are unfolding.  We're anxiously awaiting and hoping for good news on those fronts.

There is also a blizzard roaring outside that has been in the works all weekend long.  This has forced us to remain indoors with snacks and pajamas and Netflix.  Because I feel like I've been physically and mentally on the go for several days (weeks?  months?  I can't even remember) in a row, it was a welcome reprise.

Last week's resolution was to donate clothes--which is not exactly a week long ordeal.  But it was successful!  I ended up donating more than I thrifted on or about my birthday, which I consider a win.  And I found and donated a bunch of Reilly's too small clothes as well.  Next week's resolution will be a really good one:

Family Time


I've got lots of ideas for this--board games and movie nights and baking.  And there is really no better week for this because we actually have a family mini-vacation planned for this weekend to Winter Park.  Perfect.

And now it's Monday.   Normally, I'm not a fan, but the knowledge that nothing can possibly be as bad as last week makes it much easier to face.  So let's do this.

Black and White Striped Dress, Leather Sleeved Military Jacket, Red Booties, Plaid Baseball Cap and Mirrored Aviators-Target; Earrings-Kohls

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs