February 9, 2015

Make it Work Monday #7

I can't tell you where the original image for this Pin came from--I'm guessing it's a street style photo--but the minute I saw it, I knew I wanted to replicate the seemingly effortless chic style.  Turns out, it was a little easier than I thought it would be.

I happened to thrift these Hollister striped trousers a month or so ago.  I was so psyched when they fit me as they are my "old size!"  So, naturally, I have been wearing them IRL nonstop.  My sister gave me a shirt similar in color and shape to the one this lovely is wearing.  She had what seems like a matching jacket or shirt tied around her waist--not really my style.  But I did have a casual jacket that went pretty well with the look.  Viola.


I really appreciate everyone's support on my last post on the idea of doing a weekly "resolution".  I'm still working on a catchy name (suggestions welcome).  I even more so appreciated it when I mentioned it to Patrick over our birthday weekend (if you follow me on Instagram, you got a taste of that weekend--lucky you! ;-) ) . . . and he wants in!!!

So we will be doing the goals together and I think that is pretty freaking awesome.  Yes, to answer some of you that asked, I will be posting our progress on the blog.  I am really psyched about this you guys.  

So what will be our first challenge?  We made a list of the challenges that we have so far and put the list into Miniwebtool.com and got our first challenge.  Well this week we are going with . . . drum roll please . . .


Challenge #1--
Show Appreciation for Each Other

This is a great way to start our challenge.  Everyday we will add to our lists just things that we appreciate about each other and on Friday we will share our lists with each other.  I am really stoked about this you guys and after coming down from a romantic little birthday weekend getaway, we are already in a lovey-dovey mood as it is.  Game on. 

Striped Trousers-Hollister, thrifted; Teal Blouse-gifted by sister; White Jacket-Wal-Mart; Teal Heels-Worthington, thrifted; Necklace-vintage from Grandma; Earrings-gifted

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs