November 3, 2014

Mission #45, Day 1--LAYERS!!!--Sweater Over Dress

The name of the game in the cooler months are layers, layers, layers.  It is the proverbial job of every blogger to find the balance in warmth, comfort and style through proper execution of enough layers without looking bulky.  So this week--that's what we're doing.

Get longer wear out of your dresses by layering them in the cooler months with tights underneath and sweaters over top.   It's crazy to think, but it wasn't until I started blogging that I realized that I could wear my dresses as anything other than dresses.  Wrong.  So wrong.

In other news that aren't sweaters (because, honestly, the term "sweater weather" has been used so much in autumnal fashion, even using the word makes me want to puke), guess why my weekend had me elated?

Our Saturday consisted of children's football games--from 9 to 6.  In Denver.  So we were out of our house all day at football games.  Conner lost his game but he did get an interception that I caught on tape--#momhighfive.  And Kaden won his game.

But it wasn't just the football games that had me giddy with a joy I can't possibly adequately put into words--it was the game.  The last game.  Of the season. Which means that from now until March--we are free of games, practices and parties.  Boom.

Rust Dress-Vintage; Crocheted and Beaded Sweater-Vintage; Cognac Knee High Boots-Vintage; Socks-Ross; Tights-Kohl's; Fox Necklace-Charming Charlie's; Earrings-gifted

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs