November 10, 2014

Make it WORK Monday Makeover

A couple of weeks ago I told you that I was discontinuing Make it Mondays.  And ever since I have been conflicted because while I am horrible at photographing food and crafts, I have become very seasoned in photographing outfits.

And because this is a style blog and I do use both Pinterest and my Stylebook app on the reg, why don't I just evolve Make it Monday from including everything I do off of Pinterest to how I use Pinterest to create outfits.

Of course, as any good Pinner knows, you're not going to have everything in the outfit inspiration and therefore you have to "make it work" with what you do have.  Thus Make it Monday evolved in my mind to Make it WORK Monday.  

So from now on, on Monday I will show you an inspiration I had for an outfit and how I used what I had to make it work.  Why didn't I think of this before?

The inspiration was pretty simple and that makes it pretty easy to replicate.  Red pants?  I had those.  I still can't fit into my red skinny jeans, so these red trousers would have to do.  Black leather jacket?  Check.  Graphic tee?  I didn't have the one she's wearing but I did have a similar one.  I had black flats like she wears here, but opted to trade them out for my new mustache flats.  And I added a scarf like the one she has in the picture.  Of course, I forgot to photograph the bag.  Because I always do.

So yeah.  This will work for a feature.  And hopefully it can be helpful to others who think they can't wear something because they don't have the exact same elements or because the inspiration is a certain size or because the pieces in the photo are too expensive.

Making something that you like work for you.  That's kind of what style is about anyway right?  We can do this.

Red Trousers-New York & Co., thrifted; Graphic Tee-American Apparel; Mustache Flats-Target; Black Leather Jacket-Target; Earrings-Charming Charlie's; Watch-gifted; Plaid Scarf-Target

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs