November 16, 2015

Make it Work Monday #27 and HAPPY BIRTHDAY KADEN!!!

I feel kind of like a cop-out using Kendi Everyday for my style inspiration since she is one of the bigger bloggers and I used a big name blogger the last Make it Work Monday as well, but I can't help it.  I love Kendi's style.  And I love her posts because she is as funny as she is stylish.  She seems really down to earth--like you would be able to click with her.  Like the Jennifer Lawrence of blogging . . . or something like that.


I actually wore this several weeks ago for a photoshoot with Denver Style Magazine for Issue 3.  I got my hair did and my makeup did and felt all kinds of fancy for an evening.   And guess what y'all?  Issue 3 comes out on Thursday!  Are you going to the launch party?  If you're in Colorado you should.  For rill.

More important than that though, guess what today is?  Today is my oldest son's 15th birthday.  Yep.  My baby.  The one that started it all.  The one who made me a mother.  My Kaden turns 15 today.  I cannot believe it.  I still remember the day that I found out I was pregnant.  At 18.  I remember being so scared--scared for my future, scared to tell my parents, scared to tell my boyfriend.  I felt so alone.  I continued to feel alone when my dad kicked me out of the house and I had to live with my boyfriend, who was pissed at me for keeping the baby, and his mother.  And I felt alone at prom when I was pregnant and couldn't tell anyone and couldn't party and had to pick a dress to accommodate my growing belly.  And I felt alone at graduation for the same reasons.  How was I going to do this?

And when my water broke as I was changing my clothes at 39 weeks pregnant, I was freaked out.  I didn't have any contractions, so they had to induce me.  And when I asked the nurse what it would feel like and she told me menstrual cramps--LIAR!!!!--and I had no idea what I was doing.  And my boyfriend had driven me to the hospital and then left up until minutes before Kaden was born.  And my mom was there, freaking out even more than I was.  And all my school friends were there--even Patrick!!--because they had no idea what to think of a friend becoming a mom.

And then I met Kaden.  And I wasn't scared anymore.  And I still had no idea what I was doing and I still don't sometimes.  But I did know one thing--I had never loved anyone as much in my whole life as I loved this little boy.  I knew immediately that I would give everything I had for him.  And I did.  I would die for him.  And I still would.  He has made me prouder to be a mother than I ever imagined.  And I am so grateful that, even if he came in my life at 18, I get to call him my son.

Plaid Pants-thrifted
Striped Shirt-Target
Houndstooth Cape-Rue21
Red Heels-thrifted
Purse-Bebe, gifted
Necklace-vintage from Grandma
Earrings-DIY and gifted 

Several months ago, Kaden decided he wanted to start his own blog.  I was tickled!  He never followed through with it, but I did get to take him out a couple of days and get some photographs.  I think they turned out rather good don't you?  I certainly do have a handsome young man on my hands! 











And this is my favorite photo below because it shows how much my son is like me.  I was giving him a hard time and he was getting annoyed . . .

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KADEN!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs