September 24, 2015

Thursday Mixer--Floral Leggings

My sister gave me these floral leggings a few years back right before I found out I was pregnant with Reilly--so great timing right?  I loved the pattern and the dark florals.

I totally thought that I had worn these more, but I could only find three!  But they are one pre-pregnancy, one pregnant and one after.  And, like I said, they were free.  So no harm no foul!

Now, 2, 3

I've mentioned it on the blog before, but in a nutshell, we have had several severe problems with Kadne, my oldest, and school.  It was never from a disciplinary standpoint, but academically he was not doing what he was supposed to.  He wouldn't turn things in, he would stare off into space, he would go the class clown route.

We've tried many, many different routes to get him on track--we tried to have teachers send home daily progress reports.  We tried putting him in tutoring and taking him out.  We tried putting him on medication and then taking him off.  Last year we did the online school/homeschool thing. 

 That is where I, as his learning coach, learned the severity of his condition.  Kaden had no idea how to do the fundamental basics of learning.  He could barely read.  He didn't know how to take notes, study or retain information.  His focus was atrocious.  It was bad.  But keeping him back a grade and homeschooling was the best decision we could have made for him.

This year, he had the opportunity to go to a private, Christian based school.  And while I am not crazy about all of their teachings, it allows him to be back in 9th grade and after he completes this year, he can go on to public high school in the same grade as his friends.  

In any instance, parent teacher conferences have been something that Patrick, Kaden and I have learned to loathe entirely.  They are always bad news.  Except this time.  The teacher student ratio is 7 to 1, so Kaden gets a lot more attention.  And while one of his teachers was concerned about his focus, she said that she was still getting to know him.  She had ideas for us to try with him at home.  And all of the teachers LOVE him.  They note how respectful he is, how polite he is and how smart, funny and entertaining he is.  And I almost cried.

Shirt-Forever 21
Floral Leggings-gifted
Quilted Leather Slides-Target
Bag-Guess
Necklace-Charming Charlie's
Earrings-Charming Charlie's

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs